Meningitis scare spreads west to UC Santa Barbara
December 3, 2013 (SANTA BARBARA, Calif.) (WLS) -- A meningitis scare is spanning both coasts on college campuses.
Officials are urging the University of California at Santa Barbara to suspend events after an outbreak of meningitis.
This is happening just weeks after a similar outbreak at Princeton in New Jersey.
Four students at UC Santa Barbara have come down with a rare strain of the potential deadly disease.
Students on campus are being told to stay away from parties and social events to keep the outbreak from spreading.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 44 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 24 min ago
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77