Meningitis scare spreads west to UC Santa Barbara
December 3, 2013 (SANTA BARBARA, Calif.) (WLS) -- A meningitis scare is spanning both coasts on college campuses.
Officials are urging the University of California at Santa Barbara to suspend events after an outbreak of meningitis.
This is happening just weeks after a similar outbreak at Princeton in New Jersey.
Four students at UC Santa Barbara have come down with a rare strain of the potential deadly disease.
Students on campus are being told to stay away from parties and social events to keep the outbreak from spreading.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD