Mega Millions jackpot up to $291M; winning numbers lottery drawing Friday
December 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Mega Millions jackpot rolled again and now stands at $291 million for Friday's drawing, making this the largest jackpot since last year's $656 million Mega Millions jackpot and the biggest jackpot the game has seen since its October revamp.
The winning numbers from Tuesday's drawing were: 07 - 12 - 41 - 44 - 59 and the Mega Ball was 03. While no one won Tuesday night's jackpot, but more than 155,000 Illinoisans won prizes ranging from $15,000 to $3.
The current Mega Millions jackpot is the ninth largest jackpot in the game's history. Its $291 million jackpot is a result of several upgrades added to the game that enables larger, faster-growing jackpots; second-place prizes of at least $1million; and better odds of winning smaller cash prizes, the Illinois lottery said.
Top Ten Mega Millions Jackpots, number of winners and states where they won
1 $656 million 3/30/2012 3 Kansas, Illinois, Maryland
2 $390 million 3/6/2007 2 Georgia, New Jersey
3 $380 million 1/4/2011 2 Idaho, Washington
4 $336 million 8/28/2009 2 California, New York
5 $330 million 8/31/2007 4 Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia
6 $319 million 3/25/2011 1 New York
7 $315 million 11/15/2005 1 California
8 $294 million 7/2/2004 1 Massachusetts
9 $291 million Current Jackpot
10 $275 million 2/22/2008 1 Georgia
QUICK MEGA MILLIONS FACTS
Current jackpot is $291 million with a cash option of $157 million; after withholding: $109.9 million
Overall odds of winning the jackpot 1:258,890,850
Mega Millions is currently played in 45 jurisdictions: 43 states plus Washington, D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Mega Millions jackpots start at $15 million
Drawings are held Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 p.m. CST
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 6 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 27 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 13 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 32 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
13 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos