Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M lottery jackpot
December 10, 2013 (WLS) -- The winning numbers were drawn for the multi-state Mega Millions lottery, which has grown to a jackpot of $344 million.
The winning numbers from Tuesday night's drawing were: 65-22-41-5-12 and the Mega Ball was 13.
The jackpot increased almost $50 million from Friday's estimated jackpot of $297 million.
While very impressive, the jackpot is still far from the record of $656 million set back in 2012.
Top Ten Mega Millions Jackpots, number of winners and states where they won
1 $656 million 3/30/2012 3 Kansas, Illinois, Maryland
2 $390 million 3/6/2007 2 Georgia, New Jersey
3 $380 million 1/4/2011 2 Idaho, Washington
4 $336 million 8/28/2009 2 California, New York
5 $330 million 8/31/2007 4 Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia
6 $319 million 3/25/2011 1 New York
7 $315 million 11/15/2005 1 California
8 $294 million 7/2/2004 1 Massachusetts
9 $291 million Current Jackpot
10 $275 million 2/22/2008 1 Georgia
QUICK MEGA MILLIONS FACTS
Current jackpot is $291 million with a cash option of $157 million; after withholding: $109.9 million
Overall odds of winning the jackpot 1:258,890,850
Mega Millions is currently played in 45 jurisdictions: 43 states plus Washington, D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Mega Millions jackpots start at $15 million
Drawings are held Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 p.m. CST
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat 24 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home