Christmas gifts sent via UPS delayed
December 24, 2013 (WLS) -- Thousands of holiday gifts sent via UPS have been delayed and may not arrive by Christmas.
The delays are not necessarily weather related. The world's largest package delivery service says it has been overwhelmed by volume.
Saying in a statement: "The volume of air packages in our system exceeded the capacity of our network, as demand was much greater than the forecast."
The company says workers at its hub in Louisville are working through the holiday to catch up.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 12, 2014
19 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
1 min ago