Christmas gifts sent via UPS delayed
December 24, 2013 (WLS) -- Thousands of holiday gifts sent via UPS have been delayed and may not arrive by Christmas.
The delays are not necessarily weather related. The world's largest package delivery service says it has been overwhelmed by volume.
Saying in a statement: "The volume of air packages in our system exceeded the capacity of our network, as demand was much greater than the forecast."
The company says workers at its hub in Louisville are working through the holiday to catch up.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos