Happy Birthday, Michelle Obama! First lady '50 and fabulous' party at White House
January 17, 2014 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Michelle Obama turns 50 years old, and the first lady loves it. She's exuberantly declared herself ''50 and fabulous'' and the president is throwing a big bash at the White House to celebrate.
Exactly who's on the guest list isn't clear, but Obama has lots of famous friends, including fellow Chicagoan Oprah Winfrey.
She hasn't slowed down a bit, keeping busy with her "Let's Move" campaign to end childhood obesity and recently championing education for American children. She spoke about "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Peter," a movie produced by Alicia Keys that tells the story of two boys left to fend for themselves in New York.
The movie "should begin the conversation that is already happening about what we have to do to invest in kids in this community," the first lady said. "Because there are millions of Mister and Petes out there who are just struggling to make it."
An interview with Obama comes out in People Magazine on Friday. In it she speaks candidly about aging, workouts and beauty. She said she eats right without obsessing over food, does more yoga and low impact workouts, and wouldn't rule out Botox or plastic surgery.
"Women should have the freedom to do whatever they need to do to feel good about themselves," the first lady told People magazine in an interview hitting newsstands Friday, her birthday. "Right now, I don't imagine that I would go that route, but I've also learned to never say never."
She said her main message is to be healthy. Obama says she has never missed a health checkup, including mammograms and Pap smears. She's also had a colonoscopy.
Obama was born on January 17, 1964 in Chicago.
The ASsociated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 10 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 14 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans 31 min ago