Texas deputy arrested in prostitution sting by own precinct
January 30, 2014 (HOUSTON) -- A Harris County deputy constable is facing charges after being caught up in his own department's prostitution sting.
Emmanuel Augustine, 29, is charged with prostitution. According to investigators, the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office was working the sting in an area near Imperial Valley and FM 1960 when Augustine, who works at Precinct 4, solicited the undercover deputy for sex. He wasn't on duty at the time, but he was wearing his uniform pants.
Augustine has worked for Precinct 4 as a patrol deputy since 2009. In response to his arrest, the agency issued the following statement:
"Following his identification, the administration was notified and responded to the arrest location. Emmanuel Augustine was placed on immediate administrative suspension without pay pending an investigation into the incident."
In probable cause court Wednesday evening, Augustine was kept separate from the other inmates. The judge released him on his own recognizance. He gets to go home, but his job in is question.
If convicted of the Class B misdemeanor, Augustine faces a fine of up to $2,000 and/or jail time of not more than 180 days.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Lawyer: No more appeals for Crundwell 51 min ago
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 49 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout