First Lady Michelle Obama urges students to apply for financial aid
February 5, 2014 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- If you're a student thinking of going to college, the First Lady has some advice: apply for federal financial aid.
During a visit to a Virginia high school, Michelle Obama said recent changes have made the process quick and easy.
She says completing the form is an important first step but not enough students do it.
According to the U.S. Education Department, only about half of high school seniors file for their share of $150 billion worth of loans and grants available each year.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 4 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake