First Lady Michelle Obama urges students to apply for financial aid
February 5, 2014 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- If you're a student thinking of going to college, the First Lady has some advice: apply for federal financial aid.
During a visit to a Virginia high school, Michelle Obama said recent changes have made the process quick and easy.
She says completing the form is an important first step but not enough students do it.
According to the U.S. Education Department, only about half of high school seniors file for their share of $150 billion worth of loans and grants available each year.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break 49 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan 55 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
58 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
49 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
55 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
55 min ago