Powerball winning numbers drawn for $286M jackpot
February 12, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Powerball's winning numbers were drawn Wednesday night for the $286 million jackpot.
Wednesday night winning numbers: 52 - 49 - 36 - 57 - 44 PB: 1
The winning numbers from Saturday's drawing were: 24 - 25 - 34 - 37 - 54 and the Powerball was 29. While no one won Saturday's jackpot, more than 30,000 Illinoisans won prizes ranging from $10,000 to $4.
Illinois residents 18 and over can now play the lottery when out and about by using the Illinois Lottery's new app. The free app is available for download on iOS and Android devices and is the first of its kind in the United States offering any Illinois adult the chance to purchase lottery tickets via an app. Players can also purchase their tickets at more than 8,200 retailers across the state.
Since Illinois introduced this multi-state lottery game, Powerball has contributed an estimated $120 million to the Illinois Common School Fund and Capital Projects Fund.
QUICK POWERBALL FACTS
Current jackpot at $284 million; cash value of $162.7 million; after withholding: $113.8 million
Jackpots start at $40 million
IL has had 40 Match 5 winners since January 18, 2012; Match 5 winners receive $1,000,000 each, which increases to $2,000,000 if they select the Power Play game option.
Overall odds of winning a prize: 1:32; Overall odds of winning the jackpot 1:175,223,510
Drawings are at 9:59 PM (CT) every Wednesday and Saturday
All profits from Powerball in Illinois stay in Illinois to support education and capital developments
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 11 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
14 min ago
- SB Lake Shore Drive reopens after standoff
13 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in...
38 min ago
- LSD standoff suspect wanted in wife's murder
52 min ago