Woman stops traffic when baby starts choking
February 20, 2014 (MIAMI) (WLS) -- Commuters in Miami saw a shocking sight on Thursday when a woman frantically jumped from her car and screamed for help when her infant nephew started turning blue.
Pamela Rauseo, 37, jumped from her car on the busy Dolphin Expressway when her 5-month-old nephew Sebastian de la Cruz fell unconscious. The little boy had been born prematurely and suffers from respiratory issues.
Miami resident Lucila Godoy quickly came to help, giving CPR to the baby boy. A nearby police officer took over after a Good Samaritan alerted him to the crisis.
The boy was taken to the hospital in stable condition Thursday evening.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos