Woman stops traffic when baby starts choking
February 20, 2014 (MIAMI) (WLS) -- Commuters in Miami saw a shocking sight on Thursday when a woman frantically jumped from her car and screamed for help when her infant nephew started turning blue.
Pamela Rauseo, 37, jumped from her car on the busy Dolphin Expressway when her 5-month-old nephew Sebastian de la Cruz fell unconscious. The little boy had been born prematurely and suffers from respiratory issues.
Miami resident Lucila Godoy quickly came to help, giving CPR to the baby boy. A nearby police officer took over after a Good Samaritan alerted him to the crisis.
The boy was taken to the hospital in stable condition Thursday evening.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap