Report: Possible connection to Rezko investigated
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Federal authorities reportedly are investigating whether convicted fundraiser Tony Rezko paid for the rehab of Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's Northwest Side home.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports the corruption probe of the state's first family is accelerating. The newspaper says federal investigators are looking into how Rezko billed the governor and his wife for the work, which was done by a company once owned by Rezko.
A spokesman for the governor released a statement to ABC7 Chicago Saturday, saying the Blagojevich family paid for the renovation through their personal checking account. </p
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 37 min ago
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more 25 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer 54 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
16 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
37 min ago
- Trio of new distilleries open in Chicago
26 min ago