Deputy governor Greenlee resigns
CHICAGO -- A spokeswoman for Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich says one of his top aides has resigned.
Spokeswoman Kelley Quinn on Wednesday said Deputy Gov. Bob Greenlee resigned. The reason for his resignation wasn't immediately clear.
Greenlee's resignation comes a day after Blagojevich was arrested on federal corruption charges.
Greenlee was promoted to be a top aide to Blagojevich in June, replacing former Deputy Governor Sheila Nix. Greenlee had been a top administration aide previously.
State records indicate the 33-year-old Greenlee lives in Chicago and earned $149,000 a year.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 46 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults 45 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after...
46 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos