AG Madigan: Moving to DC 'not appealing'
May 13, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan appears to be leaning strongly toward running for governor-- not US Senate.
She's not ruling out a senate race, but tells ABC 7 News the possibility of moving to Washington, D.C. doesn't appeal to her.
"My focus has long been on looking at a race for governor as you know I've made no decision yet," said Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General.
Madigan has been approached by National Democratic Officials about a US Senate run and says she felt obligated to not immediately dismiss the idea. However, it's the governor's race that appeals to her most right now.
She also left open the possibility of running for another term as attorney general.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos