AG Madigan: Moving to DC 'not appealing'
May 13, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan appears to be leaning strongly toward running for governor-- not US Senate.
She's not ruling out a senate race, but tells ABC 7 News the possibility of moving to Washington, D.C. doesn't appeal to her.
"My focus has long been on looking at a race for governor as you know I've made no decision yet," said Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General.
Madigan has been approached by National Democratic Officials about a US Senate run and says she felt obligated to not immediately dismiss the idea. However, it's the governor's race that appeals to her most right now.
She also left open the possibility of running for another term as attorney general.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting in West Town 5 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 25 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 34 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 45 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting in...
5 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on...
25 min ago