AG Madigan: Moving to DC 'not appealing'
May 13, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan appears to be leaning strongly toward running for governor-- not US Senate.
She's not ruling out a senate race, but tells ABC 7 News the possibility of moving to Washington, D.C. doesn't appeal to her.
"My focus has long been on looking at a race for governor as you know I've made no decision yet," said Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General.
Madigan has been approached by National Democratic Officials about a US Senate run and says she felt obligated to not immediately dismiss the idea. However, it's the governor's race that appeals to her most right now.
She also left open the possibility of running for another term as attorney general.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 56 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school 38 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos