AG Madigan: Moving to DC 'not appealing'
May 13, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan appears to be leaning strongly toward running for governor-- not US Senate.
She's not ruling out a senate race, but tells ABC 7 News the possibility of moving to Washington, D.C. doesn't appeal to her.
"My focus has long been on looking at a race for governor as you know I've made no decision yet," said Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General.
Madigan has been approached by National Democratic Officials about a US Senate run and says she felt obligated to not immediately dismiss the idea. However, it's the governor's race that appeals to her most right now.
She also left open the possibility of running for another term as attorney general.
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- Divvy passes 1 million trip milestone in 9 months
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game