AG Madigan: Moving to DC 'not appealing'
May 13, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan appears to be leaning strongly toward running for governor-- not US Senate.
She's not ruling out a senate race, but tells ABC 7 News the possibility of moving to Washington, D.C. doesn't appeal to her.
"My focus has long been on looking at a race for governor as you know I've made no decision yet," said Lisa Madigan, Illinois Attorney General.
Madigan has been approached by National Democratic Officials about a US Senate run and says she felt obligated to not immediately dismiss the idea. However, it's the governor's race that appeals to her most right now.
She also left open the possibility of running for another term as attorney general.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 32 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos