Hamos to run for Kirk's current post
State Rep. Julie Hamos will announce Tuesday that she will run for Illinois' 10th Congressional District seat.
Mark Kirk's decision to run for the U.S. Senate has led that seat- which covers Chicago's northern suburbs- open.
Hamos is a democrat from Evanston.
Businessman Dan Seals, (D) has already announced he will run for the position. Seals was a nominee in 2006 and 2008, losing both times to Kirk in the general election.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 59 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer 49 min ago
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 37 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
59 min ago