Desiree Rogers to work on Emanuel's inauguration
March 1, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Rahm Emanuel is enlisting President Obama's former social secretary for his inauguration.
Desiree Rogers is one of seven people serving on the committee in charge of Emanuel's inauguration in May.
Rogers is currently CEO of the Chicago-based Johnson Publishing Company. She left the White House last year following criticism for an incident involving guests crashing the president's first state dinner.
Also, Emanuel will follow through on Wednesday with an offer he made during his campaign to the man who impersonated him on a Twitter account. He will present a $5,000 check to Dan Sinker.
Emanuel had said he would make a personal contribution to the charity of the then-unknown Twitter author if his identity was disclosed.
The presentation will happen on WLS-AM's Roe Conn show with Richard Roeper.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps 9 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 45 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 31 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows 48 min ago
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas 15 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
9 min ago