Quinn grants 85 clemency requests
April 22, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn granted 85 and denied 189 clemency petitions on Friday as part of a plan to eliminate a backlog of more 2,500 cases.
The 274 clemency requests are from 2003 to 2009 and range from theft to burglary to possession of a controlled substance, to name a few charges. List of Governor Grants from 4/22/11 A statement from Quinn's office said all those granted clemency underwent recent criminal background checks.
Since taking office, Governor Quinn has acted on 1,195 clemency petitions-- granting 467 and denying 728 of them.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 4 min ago
- Girl, about 3, found dead in Riverdale woods 41 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
7 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos