Quinn grants 85 clemency requests
April 22, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn granted 85 and denied 189 clemency petitions on Friday as part of a plan to eliminate a backlog of more 2,500 cases.
The 274 clemency requests are from 2003 to 2009 and range from theft to burglary to possession of a controlled substance, to name a few charges. List of Governor Grants from 4/22/11 A statement from Quinn's office said all those granted clemency underwent recent criminal background checks.
Since taking office, Governor Quinn has acted on 1,195 clemency petitions-- granting 467 and denying 728 of them.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 21 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 24 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 41 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward 46 min ago
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run 40 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos