Daley continues farewell tour, cuts ribbon at new library
May 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The thank you farewell tour continued for Mayor Daley Friday as he performed one of his last ceremonial duties as mayor -- cutting the ribbon on a new public library.
The new Dunning Library is the 57th library that has been built since Daley took office. He said he takes pride in Chicago being the leading city in the country in the building of public libraries.
This new branch is 89,000 square feet, and is equipped with 500,000 new books and 20 computers. It was also built to be environmentally-friendly.
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr. 3 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years 26 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978 13 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos