Daley continues farewell tour, cuts ribbon at new library
May 6, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The thank you farewell tour continued for Mayor Daley Friday as he performed one of his last ceremonial duties as mayor -- cutting the ribbon on a new public library.
The new Dunning Library is the 57th library that has been built since Daley took office. He said he takes pride in Chicago being the leading city in the country in the building of public libraries.
This new branch is 89,000 square feet, and is equipped with 500,000 new books and 20 computers. It was also built to be environmentally-friendly.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 20 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos