Emanuel: Layoffs certain without work-rule changes
July 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is giving city union workers a choice: Accept changes in work rules or face layoffs.
Last month, his deadline for concessions from union leaders came and went without any action.
Now The Sun-Times is reporting that Emanuel has laid out the exact concessions Emanuel wants. He wants to reduce the overtime rate and increase the workday for city workers.
Without the savings, Emanuel says he will lay off more than 600 workers.
There has been no comment from labor leaders.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 9 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits