Emanuel: Layoffs certain without work-rule changes
July 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is giving city union workers a choice: Accept changes in work rules or face layoffs.
Last month, his deadline for concessions from union leaders came and went without any action.
Now The Sun-Times is reporting that Emanuel has laid out the exact concessions Emanuel wants. He wants to reduce the overtime rate and increase the workday for city workers.
Without the savings, Emanuel says he will lay off more than 600 workers.
There has been no comment from labor leaders.
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade 54 min ago
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence 21 min ago
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County 27 min ago
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school 17 min ago
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in...
27 min ago
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos