Emanuel: Layoffs certain without work-rule changes
July 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is giving city union workers a choice: Accept changes in work rules or face layoffs.
Last month, his deadline for concessions from union leaders came and went without any action.
Now The Sun-Times is reporting that Emanuel has laid out the exact concessions Emanuel wants. He wants to reduce the overtime rate and increase the workday for city workers.
Without the savings, Emanuel says he will lay off more than 600 workers.
There has been no comment from labor leaders.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups 23 min ago
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos