Halvorson makes plea to Robert Blagojevich for info
March 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressional candidate Debbie Halvorson is making a public plea for Rod Blagojevich's brother Robert to share information Halvorson says he has about Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior.
Halvorson is running against Jackson in the Democratic primary for the 2nd Congressional District seat.
Halvorson called on Robert Blagojevich to shed some light on the letter he sent to the House Ethics committee last year. In that letter, Robert Blagojevich offered to testify about Jackson's alleged involvement in the sale of President Obama's former Senate seat.
Halvorson says Blagojevich should speak now before the voters go to the polls.
"I'm appealing to Robert Blagojevich to come forward and inform the voters of just what are those truths you know about Jackson and haven't talked about," said Halvorson.
Jackson has denied any wrongdoing. He has not been charged. However, the House Ethics Committee is conducting an investigation.
- 4 schools could be saved in CPS vote 1 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs 17 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting 24 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 4 schools could be saved in CPS vote
1 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards...
17 min ago
- Swim Safety Tips
53 min ago