Gingrich holds Rosemont rally
March 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- With the Illinois primary less than one week away, GOP presidential candidates are swinging through the state, including the Chicago area.
The former speaker of the house will also attend events Wednesday night in Barrington Hills and Palatine.
Wednesday afternoon, he spoke about high gas prices and reforming unemployment. Gingrich wants those seeking benefits to take a training program, saying it would improve their marketable skills.
"It's changing the unemployment system fundamentally by tying it to learning," Gingrich said. "We've been giving people money for 99 weeks for doing nothing. In 99 weeks, you can earn an associate's degree.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos