Brown will stay Cook Co. Clerk of the Circuit Court
March 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Incumbent Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown has won a fourth term.
Brown won despite not having the support of Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
Strong name recognition may have helped Brown defeat 22nd Ward Alderman Ricardo Munoz. Munoz had the endorsement of Preckwinkle as well as The Chicago Tribune.
No Republicans have filed to run against Brown in the fall election.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 46 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77