Report: Sen. Mark Kirk's ex-wife files campaign finance complaint
May 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sen. Mark Kirk is reportedly the focus of a campaign finance complaint filed by his ex-wife.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Kimberly Vertolli is alleging the junior Republican senator hid payments to his ex-girlfriend, Dodie McCracken, by reporting they went to another company.
The newspaper reports McCracken acknowledged receiving more than $143,000 for working on the campaign.
Kirk's campaign manager says the senator did nothing wrong.
- Chemical plant explosion, fire injures 2 in Alsip 14 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- 4-year-old boy accidentally shoots himself in Gary
- I-90/94 lanes to close for bridge piers construction
- Mother charged in baby's death held on $250K bond 46 min ago
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Bruno Mars is Billboard's top artist of 2013
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy