Report: Sen. Mark Kirk's ex-wife files campaign finance complaint
May 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sen. Mark Kirk is reportedly the focus of a campaign finance complaint filed by his ex-wife.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Kimberly Vertolli is alleging the junior Republican senator hid payments to his ex-girlfriend, Dodie McCracken, by reporting they went to another company.
The newspaper reports McCracken acknowledged receiving more than $143,000 for working on the campaign.
Kirk's campaign manager says the senator did nothing wrong.
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK 3 min ago
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica 17 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos