Report: Sen. Mark Kirk's ex-wife files campaign finance complaint
May 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sen. Mark Kirk is reportedly the focus of a campaign finance complaint filed by his ex-wife.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Kimberly Vertolli is alleging the junior Republican senator hid payments to his ex-girlfriend, Dodie McCracken, by reporting they went to another company.
The newspaper reports McCracken acknowledged receiving more than $143,000 for working on the campaign.
Kirk's campaign manager says the senator did nothing wrong.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant