Report: Sen. Mark Kirk's ex-wife files campaign finance complaint
May 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sen. Mark Kirk is reportedly the focus of a campaign finance complaint filed by his ex-wife.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Kimberly Vertolli is alleging the junior Republican senator hid payments to his ex-girlfriend, Dodie McCracken, by reporting they went to another company.
The newspaper reports McCracken acknowledged receiving more than $143,000 for working on the campaign.
Kirk's campaign manager says the senator did nothing wrong.
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction rush hour 2 min ago
- School closings march planned to protest CPS consolidations
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
17 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos