Obama will not attend Chicago's Bud Billiken parade
June 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A campaign official said Wednesday that President Barack Obama will not serve as the grand marshal of the 2012 Bud Billiken parade in Chicago.
The campaign official cites Obama's schedule for the reason he will not attend the August 11 parade.
"The President will continue to be a strong supporter of the parade, and of its broader mission: placing a priority on education, supporting our children, and making sure they have the skills they need to achieve their goals," the statement read.
Obama's campaign officials say they plan to have a strong presence at the parade.
Parade organizers said Tuesday that he'd be the grand marshal.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 17 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 8 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lake Station mayor, wife plead not guilty to corruption charges 23 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77