Obama will not attend Chicago's Bud Billiken parade
June 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A campaign official said Wednesday that President Barack Obama will not serve as the grand marshal of the 2012 Bud Billiken parade in Chicago.
The campaign official cites Obama's schedule for the reason he will not attend the August 11 parade.
"The President will continue to be a strong supporter of the parade, and of its broader mission: placing a priority on education, supporting our children, and making sure they have the skills they need to achieve their goals," the statement read.
Obama's campaign officials say they plan to have a strong presence at the parade.
Parade organizers said Tuesday that he'd be the grand marshal.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 4 min ago
- 2nd video released allegedly shows guard push student 22 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 2nd video released allegedly shows guard...
22 min ago