Obama will not attend Chicago's Bud Billiken parade
June 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A campaign official said Wednesday that President Barack Obama will not serve as the grand marshal of the 2012 Bud Billiken parade in Chicago.
The campaign official cites Obama's schedule for the reason he will not attend the August 11 parade.
"The President will continue to be a strong supporter of the parade, and of its broader mission: placing a priority on education, supporting our children, and making sure they have the skills they need to achieve their goals," the statement read.
Obama's campaign officials say they plan to have a strong presence at the parade.
Parade organizers said Tuesday that he'd be the grand marshal.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos