Alexrod: Ryan 'a right wing ideologue'
August 12, 2012 (WLS) -- Republicans are taking pains to separate Romney's economic ideas from Ryan's and Democrats are trying to tie the men even closer together.
President Barack Obama advisor David Axelrod is calling Ryan's budget plan The Ryan-Romney Plan.
"It's a pick that is meant to thrill the most strident voices in the Republican Party, but it's one that should trouble everybody else, the middle class, seniors, students you know because of Ryan's record," Alexrod said. "He is a right wing ideologue."
But republicans are saying it is Romney's ideas that count and that Ryan supports those ideas.
"Unlike the president they're actually willing to lead, they're actually willing to put meat on the bones and put specific proposals on the table," said Romney campaign co-chairman Tim Pawlenty.
Pawlenty accused the president of refusing to face the country's economic problems
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS student 13 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 20 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 37 min ago
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny 9 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
9 min ago
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS...
13 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
37 min ago