Alexrod: Ryan 'a right wing ideologue'
August 12, 2012 (WLS) -- Republicans are taking pains to separate Romney's economic ideas from Ryan's and Democrats are trying to tie the men even closer together.
President Barack Obama advisor David Axelrod is calling Ryan's budget plan The Ryan-Romney Plan.
"It's a pick that is meant to thrill the most strident voices in the Republican Party, but it's one that should trouble everybody else, the middle class, seniors, students you know because of Ryan's record," Alexrod said. "He is a right wing ideologue."
But republicans are saying it is Romney's ideas that count and that Ryan supports those ideas.
"Unlike the president they're actually willing to lead, they're actually willing to put meat on the bones and put specific proposals on the table," said Romney campaign co-chairman Tim Pawlenty.
Pawlenty accused the president of refusing to face the country's economic problems
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 35 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All