Alexrod: Ryan 'a right wing ideologue'
August 12, 2012 (WLS) -- Republicans are taking pains to separate Romney's economic ideas from Ryan's and Democrats are trying to tie the men even closer together.
President Barack Obama advisor David Axelrod is calling Ryan's budget plan The Ryan-Romney Plan.
"It's a pick that is meant to thrill the most strident voices in the Republican Party, but it's one that should trouble everybody else, the middle class, seniors, students you know because of Ryan's record," Alexrod said. "He is a right wing ideologue."
But republicans are saying it is Romney's ideas that count and that Ryan supports those ideas.
"Unlike the president they're actually willing to lead, they're actually willing to put meat on the bones and put specific proposals on the table," said Romney campaign co-chairman Tim Pawlenty.
Pawlenty accused the president of refusing to face the country's economic problems
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 56 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Return Wisely
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos