Alexrod: Ryan 'a right wing ideologue'
August 12, 2012 (WLS) -- Republicans are taking pains to separate Romney's economic ideas from Ryan's and Democrats are trying to tie the men even closer together.
President Barack Obama advisor David Axelrod is calling Ryan's budget plan The Ryan-Romney Plan.
"It's a pick that is meant to thrill the most strident voices in the Republican Party, but it's one that should trouble everybody else, the middle class, seniors, students you know because of Ryan's record," Alexrod said. "He is a right wing ideologue."
But republicans are saying it is Romney's ideas that count and that Ryan supports those ideas.
"Unlike the president they're actually willing to lead, they're actually willing to put meat on the bones and put specific proposals on the table," said Romney campaign co-chairman Tim Pawlenty.
Pawlenty accused the president of refusing to face the country's economic problems
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 44 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 20 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
17 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
20 min ago