Sen. Mark Kirk comments on Illinois credit downgrade in new video
September 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Senator Mark Kirk Issued a new video Tuesday.
He is recovering from a massive stroke he suffered eight months ago.
In the video, posted online, Kirk comments on last month's downgrading of the state's credit rating.
"Everyone inside the borders of Illinois is disadvantaged by these higher interest costs because of poor debt management by our state," Sen. Kirk says in the video. "Illinois taxpayers will have to pay $1.5 million extra for every $100 million borrowed. I think it's time for decisive bipartisan action to make sure our state does not have the worst credit rating of all 50 states."
The Republican talks for less than 30 seconds.
Earlier videos focused on his recuperation.
Kirk hasn't made a public appearance since his stroke on January 21.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD