Sen. Mark Kirk comments on Illinois credit downgrade in new video
September 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Senator Mark Kirk Issued a new video Tuesday.
He is recovering from a massive stroke he suffered eight months ago.
In the video, posted online, Kirk comments on last month's downgrading of the state's credit rating.
"Everyone inside the borders of Illinois is disadvantaged by these higher interest costs because of poor debt management by our state," Sen. Kirk says in the video. "Illinois taxpayers will have to pay $1.5 million extra for every $100 million borrowed. I think it's time for decisive bipartisan action to make sure our state does not have the worst credit rating of all 50 states."
The Republican talks for less than 30 seconds.
Earlier videos focused on his recuperation.
Kirk hasn't made a public appearance since his stroke on January 21.
- Thieves break into Trump, parachute off building 13 min ago
- Boy, 13, seriously injured in Aurora hit-and-run 31 min ago
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series 32 min ago
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
27 min ago
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series
32 min ago