Presidential debate reaction from Chicagoans
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A CNN poll taken after the debate found that 67 percent of registered voters believed Mitt Romney was the winner.
Many people say that President Barack Obama looked relaxed in the debate, but it was Romney who pounced. Even some Democratic partisans grudgingly acknowledged that Romney had a good debate, saying he did fine, as expected but fine doesn't get the job done.
Obama's performance is being described by some as cautious, missing opportunities to challenge his rival.
"I think Obama won because Romney was not able to deliver a fatal blow, and Obama was able to hold his own and look presidential," said one commuter at Chicago's Union Station.
"The economy is a major issue for every undecided voter. I think Mitt Romney is doing a great job saying the president has to stand behind his record," said another commuter.
Many agree that neither candidate delivered a knockout blow.
politics, jessica d'onofrio
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 8 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 4 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 55 min ago
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos