Presidential debate reaction from Chicagoans
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A CNN poll taken after the debate found that 67 percent of registered voters believed Mitt Romney was the winner.
Many people say that President Barack Obama looked relaxed in the debate, but it was Romney who pounced. Even some Democratic partisans grudgingly acknowledged that Romney had a good debate, saying he did fine, as expected but fine doesn't get the job done.
Obama's performance is being described by some as cautious, missing opportunities to challenge his rival.
"I think Obama won because Romney was not able to deliver a fatal blow, and Obama was able to hold his own and look presidential," said one commuter at Chicago's Union Station.
"The economy is a major issue for every undecided voter. I think Mitt Romney is doing a great job saying the president has to stand behind his record," said another commuter.
Many agree that neither candidate delivered a knockout blow.
politics, jessica d'onofrio
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 22 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 38 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77