Presidential debate reaction from Chicagoans
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A CNN poll taken after the debate found that 67 percent of registered voters believed Mitt Romney was the winner.
Many people say that President Barack Obama looked relaxed in the debate, but it was Romney who pounced. Even some Democratic partisans grudgingly acknowledged that Romney had a good debate, saying he did fine, as expected but fine doesn't get the job done.
Obama's performance is being described by some as cautious, missing opportunities to challenge his rival.
"I think Obama won because Romney was not able to deliver a fatal blow, and Obama was able to hold his own and look presidential," said one commuter at Chicago's Union Station.
"The economy is a major issue for every undecided voter. I think Mitt Romney is doing a great job saying the president has to stand behind his record," said another commuter.
Many agree that neither candidate delivered a knockout blow.
politics, jessica d'onofrio
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits