Presidential debate reaction from Chicagoans
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A CNN poll taken after the debate found that 67 percent of registered voters believed Mitt Romney was the winner.
Many people say that President Barack Obama looked relaxed in the debate, but it was Romney who pounced. Even some Democratic partisans grudgingly acknowledged that Romney had a good debate, saying he did fine, as expected but fine doesn't get the job done.
Obama's performance is being described by some as cautious, missing opportunities to challenge his rival.
"I think Obama won because Romney was not able to deliver a fatal blow, and Obama was able to hold his own and look presidential," said one commuter at Chicago's Union Station.
"The economy is a major issue for every undecided voter. I think Mitt Romney is doing a great job saying the president has to stand behind his record," said another commuter.
Many agree that neither candidate delivered a knockout blow.
politics, jessica d'onofrio
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation