Presidential debate reaction from Chicagoans
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A CNN poll taken after the debate found that 67 percent of registered voters believed Mitt Romney was the winner.
Many people say that President Barack Obama looked relaxed in the debate, but it was Romney who pounced. Even some Democratic partisans grudgingly acknowledged that Romney had a good debate, saying he did fine, as expected but fine doesn't get the job done.
Obama's performance is being described by some as cautious, missing opportunities to challenge his rival.
"I think Obama won because Romney was not able to deliver a fatal blow, and Obama was able to hold his own and look presidential," said one commuter at Chicago's Union Station.
"The economy is a major issue for every undecided voter. I think Mitt Romney is doing a great job saying the president has to stand behind his record," said another commuter.
Many agree that neither candidate delivered a knockout blow.
politics, jessica d'onofrio
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie apartment residents 4 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum 8 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie...
4 min ago
- Chicago remembers radio legend Larry Lujack
46 min ago