Vote 2012 | ABC7 Chicago presents 10th, 11th congressional debates: Robert Dold (R) v. Brad Schneider (D); Judy Biggert (R) v. Bill Foster (D)
October 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC 7 Chicago, the station that has broadcast candidate debates for more than two decades, will partner with the League of Women Voters of Illinois for two, half-hour debates with the candidates of the 10th and 11th Congressional Districts.
Both debates were streamed live beginning at 9:30 a.m. on October 13
ABC7's Kathy Brock, Ron Magers and Political Editor Charles Thomas asked questions and facilitated a round-table conversation with the candidates. Questions coming directly from voters in the 10th and 11th districts were also discussed.
VIDEO: 10th Congressional Debate, Part 1 | [CC]
VIDEO: 10th Congressional Debate, Part 2 | [CC]
VIDEO: 11th Congressional Debate, Part 1 | [CC]
VIDEO: 11th Congressional Debate, Part 2 | [CC]
The debates airED commercial-free immediately following "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, October 14, 2012.
The 10th Congressional District debate was held between current U.S. representative Robert Dold (R) and challenger Brad Schneider (D) and was moderated by ABC 7's Kathy Brock airing at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
The 11th Congressional District debate was held between current U.S. representative for the 13th district Judy Biggert (R) and challenger Bill Foster (D) and was moderated by ABC 7's Ron Magers airing at 11:00 a.m. Sunday.
The debates were taped at ABC 7 Chicago on Saturday, October 13. The taping for the 11th Congressional District began at 9:30 am. The taping for the 10th Congressional District began at 11:00 am.
"I'm proud to continue the tradition of airing and producing debates on ABC 7. We believe our debates are a tool voters can use to get a clearer picture of the candidates and their positions that can ultimately help them make informed decisions," John Idler, President and General Manager, ABC 7 Chicago, said.
Jan Dorner, President, League of Woman Voters, said, "The League of Women Voters of Illinois is looking forward to partnering with ABC 7 once again to supply voters in both the 10th and the 11th Congressional Districts with accurate, timely and useful nonpartisan information."
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 16 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 53 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013 13 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods 30 min ago
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge 36 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon 26 min ago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
25 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
16 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
53 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos