Illinois House leaders accuse Dems of running distorted campaign ads
October 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois House Republican leaders are accusing state Democrats of running distorted campaign ads.
The house's GOP leader Tom Cross says House Speaker Mike Madigan is behind a series of misleading direct mail campaigns.
Republicans says the mailings are preying on the fears of voters regarding topics like Social Security, Medicare and the 2nd Amendment.
"They have launched a campaign of misinformation and lies designed to deceive voters at a time when voters need the most accurate information available to make critical choices," said State Rep. Tom Cross. (R) House minority leader.
A spokesperson for House Speaker Michael Madigan tells ABC7 that, unless state Republicans want to disavow the Romney-Ryan budget, the brochures are right on target.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- World mourns Nelson Mandela
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ 37 min ago
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Local teams playing for Pop Warner football championships
- Chicago speed cameras added on North, South Sides
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Loop attorney, nephew charged with sex assault of man
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas