Illinois House leaders accuse Dems of running distorted campaign ads
October 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois House Republican leaders are accusing state Democrats of running distorted campaign ads.
The house's GOP leader Tom Cross says House Speaker Mike Madigan is behind a series of misleading direct mail campaigns.
Republicans says the mailings are preying on the fears of voters regarding topics like Social Security, Medicare and the 2nd Amendment.
"They have launched a campaign of misinformation and lies designed to deceive voters at a time when voters need the most accurate information available to make critical choices," said State Rep. Tom Cross. (R) House minority leader.
A spokesperson for House Speaker Michael Madigan tells ABC7 that, unless state Republicans want to disavow the Romney-Ryan budget, the brochures are right on target.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 4 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 37 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 36 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All