Illinois House leaders accuse Dems of running distorted campaign ads
October 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois House Republican leaders are accusing state Democrats of running distorted campaign ads.
The house's GOP leader Tom Cross says House Speaker Mike Madigan is behind a series of misleading direct mail campaigns.
Republicans says the mailings are preying on the fears of voters regarding topics like Social Security, Medicare and the 2nd Amendment.
"They have launched a campaign of misinformation and lies designed to deceive voters at a time when voters need the most accurate information available to make critical choices," said State Rep. Tom Cross. (R) House minority leader.
A spokesperson for House Speaker Michael Madigan tells ABC7 that, unless state Republicans want to disavow the Romney-Ryan budget, the brochures are right on target.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 58 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos