David Axelrod says he'll shave his mustache for epilepsy charity
November 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The president's main political advisor David Axelrod won't have to shave his famous mustache because of the election.
Axelrod put it on the line in a bet with former congressman and cable host Joe Scarborough that the president would win Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania -- which he did.
But now, Axelrod says he would shave the 'stache if donors can raise $1 million for epilepsy research.
"[The mustache] certainly got more attention than I ever imagined," Axelrod said Wednesday.
Axelrod himself kicked the fundraising campaign off with a $10,000 donation.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking