David Axelrod says he'll shave his mustache for epilepsy charity
November 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The president's main political advisor David Axelrod won't have to shave his famous mustache because of the election.
Axelrod put it on the line in a bet with former congressman and cable host Joe Scarborough that the president would win Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania -- which he did.
But now, Axelrod says he would shave the 'stache if donors can raise $1 million for epilepsy research.
"[The mustache] certainly got more attention than I ever imagined," Axelrod said Wednesday.
Axelrod himself kicked the fundraising campaign off with a $10,000 donation.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation