Derrick Smith bribery trial set for October, 2013
November 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The state representative kicked out of office and then elected again last week will go on trial in 11 months.
Derrick Smith's bribery trial was set Wednesday for October 21 of next year.
Smith is accused of accepting a $7,000 bribe from an undercover FBI informant. He was expelled from the Illinois House after his arrest in the spring.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 21 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 27 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 6 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
21 min ago