Emanuel defends Sandi Jackson, council absences
November 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is speaking out in support of Alderman Sandi Jackson, even going as far as giving her a pass on skipping out on her obligations as an alderman.
\ Jackson has missed a number of Chicago City Council meetings and dozens of committee and neighborhood meetings since May.
Mayor Emanuel says Jackson has enough on her plate and he trusts her priorities are in order. Jackson is the wife of recently resigned congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.
"She has to deal with that as both a spouse and a parent. And I think last, herself as an elected official. Now she hasn't said that, but given what I know about her that's the order I think it would be. And so she'll make those choices and I'm not going to do anything that adds pressure to her," Emanuel said.
If Sandi Jackson were to resign from office, Mayor Emanuel would have to choose her successor.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder 27 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas 41 min ago
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen 53 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- St. Patrick's Day Parade Queen
49 min ago