Emanuel defends Sandi Jackson, council absences
November 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is speaking out in support of Alderman Sandi Jackson, even going as far as giving her a pass on skipping out on her obligations as an alderman.
\ Jackson has missed a number of Chicago City Council meetings and dozens of committee and neighborhood meetings since May.
Mayor Emanuel says Jackson has enough on her plate and he trusts her priorities are in order. Jackson is the wife of recently resigned congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.
"She has to deal with that as both a spouse and a parent. And I think last, herself as an elected official. Now she hasn't said that, but given what I know about her that's the order I think it would be. And so she'll make those choices and I'm not going to do anything that adds pressure to her," Emanuel said.
If Sandi Jackson were to resign from office, Mayor Emanuel would have to choose her successor.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 28 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp between Dan Ryan and... 3 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 42 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 7 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake