David Axelrod axes mustache on live TV
December 7, 2012 (WLS) -- David Axelrod is parting with something he's had for most of his life -- his mustache.
President Barack Obama's re-election campaign strategist has been sporting the 'stache for the past 40 years. He shaved it off Friday morning on MSNBC after raising a million dollars for epilepsy research.
He tweeted after the president's election that he would shave it off if donations poured in.
Axelrod originally put it on the line in a bet with former congressman and cable host Joe Scarborough that the president would win Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania -- which he did.
"[The mustache] certainly got more attention than I ever imagined," Axelrod said last month.
Axelrod himself kicked the fundraising campaign off with a $10,000 donation.
- Verdict reached in Allan Kustok murder trial 9 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County 18 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 14 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam 25 min ago
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos