County Dems to pick Jackson Jr. replacement candidate
December 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County Democratic officials have decided to meet next weekend to pick a candidate to run for Jesse Jackson Jr.'s congressional seat.
There are six announced democratic candidates but one official told the sun times there are fifteen names on the list.
State Senator Donne Trotter was believed to be one of the leading candidates.
He was arrested last week for allegedly trying to carry a gun on a plane.
He says he'll stay in the race.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 5 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 5 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 39 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
7 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
5 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
5 min ago