County Dems to pick Jackson Jr. replacement candidate
December 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County Democratic officials have decided to meet next weekend to pick a candidate to run for Jesse Jackson Jr.'s congressional seat.
There are six announced democratic candidates but one official told the sun times there are fifteen names on the list.
State Senator Donne Trotter was believed to be one of the leading candidates.
He was arrested last week for allegedly trying to carry a gun on a plane.
He says he'll stay in the race.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 31 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children 46 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- CPS to convert Logan Square school into military academy
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
31 min ago