County Dems to pick Jackson Jr. replacement candidate
December 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County Democratic officials have decided to meet next weekend to pick a candidate to run for Jesse Jackson Jr.'s congressional seat.
There are six announced democratic candidates but one official told the sun times there are fifteen names on the list.
State Senator Donne Trotter was believed to be one of the leading candidates.
He was arrested last week for allegedly trying to carry a gun on a plane.
He says he'll stay in the race.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home