Beale officially joins race in 2nd District
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Ald. Anthony Beale joined the crowded field running to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. as 2nd District congressman officially on Sunday.
The 9th Ward Alderman filed his nominating petitions on Thursday.
He says the three legs of his campaign will be promoting economic development-- educational improvement and reducing crime.
"I have the know-how to make things happen locally on the economic front and the political skill to bring home resources from Washington to help revitalize our community," Beale said.
Two more people announced they're running. Victor Jonathan, a pastor and businessman, and management consultant Joyce Washington also became candidates.
The primary will be held February 26.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 40 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 48 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 27 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 27 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 3 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
40 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
35 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos