Beale officially joins race in 2nd District
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Ald. Anthony Beale joined the crowded field running to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. as 2nd District congressman officially on Sunday.
The 9th Ward Alderman filed his nominating petitions on Thursday.
He says the three legs of his campaign will be promoting economic development-- educational improvement and reducing crime.
"I have the know-how to make things happen locally on the economic front and the political skill to bring home resources from Washington to help revitalize our community," Beale said.
Two more people announced they're running. Victor Jonathan, a pastor and businessman, and management consultant Joyce Washington also became candidates.
The primary will be held February 26.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD