Oberweis reportedly working to remove GOP chair Brady
January 24, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Suburban State Senator Jim Oberweis is reportedly working to remove Pat Brady as the state's Republican Chairman.
The battle is over Brady's recent comments in support of same-sex marriage.
Oberweis has e-mailed colleagues to try and organize a meeting among Republicans to oust Brady from his post.
In a statement, U.S. Senator Mark Kirk Thursday said he "has full confidence in Pat Brady's leadership as chairman of the Illinois Republican party and looks forward to working with him to elect Republicans in 2014."
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits