Oberweis reportedly working to remove GOP chair Brady
January 24, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Suburban State Senator Jim Oberweis is reportedly working to remove Pat Brady as the state's Republican Chairman.
The battle is over Brady's recent comments in support of same-sex marriage.
Oberweis has e-mailed colleagues to try and organize a meeting among Republicans to oust Brady from his post.
In a statement, U.S. Senator Mark Kirk Thursday said he "has full confidence in Pat Brady's leadership as chairman of the Illinois Republican party and looks forward to working with him to elect Republicans in 2014."
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 35 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary 11 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up 37 min ago
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela 37 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
43 min ago
- 7 in :77
46 min ago
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
35 min ago