Application deadline for 7th Ward seat passes
January 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The deadline for those interested in replacing former 7th Ward Alderman Sandi Jackson has passed.
Candidates had until 5 p.m. Friday to file applications with the mayor's office.
Jackson resigned two weeks ago saying she needs to focus on her husband, former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., who is undergoing treatment for bipolar disorder.
A commission will forward the names of at least three candidates to Mayor Emanuel, who hopes to have a new alderman sworn in by mid-February.
Emanuel will then interview candidates before making a selection.
He was scheduled to meet with the screening committee Monday.
At the close of the application process, the mayor's office received 42 complete applications for the vacant position.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains