Deadline extended for 7th Ward alderman applications
January 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Candidates who want to run to replace former 7th Ward Ald. Sandi Jackson have a few more days to file an application.
Jackson resigned two weeks ago.
The city of Chicago website had technical difficulties Friday. So, he deadline to apply for her seat is now Monday, January 28 at 5 p.m.
More than 40 people have already applied.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel hopes to have a new alderman sworn in by mid-February.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds