Chicago crime rate down overall, police say
April 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A day after announcing a drop in the city's murder rate in March, Chicago police said overall crime in the city is also on the decline.
According to the police department, the city of Chicago saw an 8-percent drop in overall crime in the first quarter of the year 2013, compared to the same period last year.
That decline continues a trend from 2012 in which overall crime in the city dropped 8 percent since the previous year.
And since 2011, overall crime in the city is down 15 percent.
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...