'What's All the Buzz About?' Durbin releases report on energy drinks
April 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Senator Dick Durbin and two fellow Democrats want changes made to the labeling and marketing of energy drinks.
They released a report Wednesday called "What's All The Buzz About."
The senators say caffeine levels are not always made clear and are typically above the Food and Drug Administration's safe levels for soda.
Durbin, along with senators Ed Markey and Richard Blumenthal, also want the makers stop marketing their products to anyone under the age of 18.
The drink makers have maintained their products are safe.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation