'What's All the Buzz About?' Durbin releases report on energy drinks
April 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Senator Dick Durbin and two fellow Democrats want changes made to the labeling and marketing of energy drinks.
They released a report Wednesday called "What's All The Buzz About."
The senators say caffeine levels are not always made clear and are typically above the Food and Drug Administration's safe levels for soda.
Durbin, along with senators Ed Markey and Richard Blumenthal, also want the makers stop marketing their products to anyone under the age of 18.
The drink makers have maintained their products are safe.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 1 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 23 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 26 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- Bubonic plague claims 32 lives in Madagascar 48 min ago
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 to Go, December 20, 2013
19 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
23 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
26 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos