Both Illinois senators supporting Penny Pritzker as commerce secretary
May 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Both of Illinois' senators are now supporting Penny Pritzker's nomination as secretary of commerce.
Senator Mark Kirk's office told ABC7 Tuesday that the senator met with Pritzker and believes she will be beneficial for business in Illinois.
Pritzker was nominated earlier this month by President Barack Obama.
A spokesman for Kirk said both he and Senator Durbin plan to introduce Pritzker at her Senate confirmation hearing on Thursday.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 26 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 27 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 42 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
26 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos