Sandi Jackson lawyers seeking probation
June 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Lawyers for Sandi Jackson are asking for probation when the former alderman and her husband Jesse Jackson Jr. are sentenced on July 3.
The government is suggested an 18-month sentence for Sandi Jackson, who pleaded guilty to filing false joint federal income tax returns that understated the couple's income.
Jackson Jr. pled guilty on criminal charges of spending campaign funds on personal items.
Prosecutors are recommended four years in prison for the former congressman.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap