VP Biden in San Francisco for Democratic fundraiser
SAN FRANCISCO -- Vice President Joe Biden is in San Francisco Friday night for a fundraiser in the Sea Cliff neighborhood.
With parking and traffic crews closing off streets in the area, Biden's visit has made it hard for people to get around.
Terry Marseille remembered the last time President Barack Obama was in the neighborhood in April.
"Last time I couldn't get back to my house. I went out for a dental appointment, came back and I couldn't get home for dinner until after 8:30 p.m.," he said.
The Vice President is attending a party fundraiser at the home of Dawn Ross and Doug Hickey on Sea Cliff Avenue. Hickey owns a beverage distribution company.
Tickets are between $500 and $10,000 and about 125 people are attending the event.
"Sometimes I'd like to know a little bit ahead of time when these things are and if we need to stay away," said Howard Moreland of San Francisco.
Reid Russell is used to having big political figures in the neighborhood.
"It's spaced out; you know it's every couple of months. So and again, you know, most of the time you barely hear about it or hear about it on the news afterwards or you see signs. That's about it," he said.
Environmental groups opposed to the Keystone XL Pipeline were positioned several blocks away from the motorcade.
"So we're here to tell him basically that we've heard that he's against the Keystone XL Pipeline. And we want him to reaffirm that statement especially towards the Obama Administration who do support it right now. And we are extremely against that," said protester Sarah Malik.
Biden leaves the Bay Area Saturday night after a fundraiser on the Peninsula.
joe biden, democrats, fundraiser, traffic, barack obama, politics, lyanne melendez
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 13 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits