Brady kicks off governor campaign tour
June 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Republican State Senator Bill Brady is running for governor for a third time and he kicked off a campaign tour Wednesday morning in Chicago with his family at his side.
He emphasized his commitment to attracting more businesses to the state and balancing the budget.
"Illinois with the right leadership can again become a beacon for job growth and economic investment," he said. "Illinois can be a state that imports jobs rather than a target for other governors."
After officially announcing his candidacy, Brady headed to Springfield and will campaign in other cities across the state.
He joins Bruce Rauner, Treasurer Dan Rutherford and State Senator Kirk Dillard in the GOP race.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 38 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 36 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 1 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 52 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
38 min ago