Sandi Jackson sentencing: Ex-Chicago alderman wants to do community service in Washington
August 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Chicago Ald. Sandi Jackson wants to serve her sentence for tax evasion doing community service in Washington, D.C.
A letter from the non-profit organization Martha's Table, which helps feed the hungry and offers community assistance, says Mrs. Jackson has reached out to them about serving her sentence with them.
Both Sandi, and her husband, former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. were scheduled to be sentenced Wednesday morning in the Washington.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 5 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 2 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago 15 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77