Hardiman announces run for governor
August 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former ceasefire director Tio Hardiman announced that he is running for governor and points out that recent domestic battery charges against him were later dropped.
"Now all my business is out in the public, I'm running for governor," he said. "Instead of me running for cover, I'm running for governor."
Hardiman prayed with supporters before making his announcement.
He was arrested this spring after his wife said he punched and kicked her. She later asked that the charges be dropped.
Hardiman says he wants to end corruption in the state and provide more resources for schools.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 37 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 52 min ago
- Dominick's stores could be bought by Centrella: report 4 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 59 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage 19 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
52 min ago
- Dominick's stores could be bought by...
4 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
37 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos